Most cruise ship news seems to be coming from RCI at present. This is no exception:
Royal Caribbean have announced that when it sends its newest cruise ship, Quantum of the Seas, to China in 2015, it will do so as part of an 53-night round the world cruise.
Starting on May 2, 2015, Quantum of the Seas will depart the New York City area and head to Shanghai (Baoshan), China and stop at many cities along the way.
The Quantum ‘Global Odyssey’ goes on sale to Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society members first on May 20, 2014 and to the general public on May 22.
Quantum of the Seas will sail its nearly two-month journey around the world via the Atlantic Ocean, Mediterranean Sea, Arabian Gulf and Indian Ocean.
If 53-nights cruise is too extensive, passengers can also choose from five other mini-sailings built into the 53-night itinerary, ranging from three to 16 nights.
- An 11-night Ocean Voyage – Cape Liberty to Spain cruise, departing May 2, 2015, from Cape Liberty Cruise Port in Bayonne, N.J., to Barcelona, Spain, with calls at Ponta Delgada, Azores; and Cartagena and Palma De Mallorca, Spain,
- A 16-night Suez Canal – Barcelona to Dubai itinerary, departing May 13, with calls at Rome (Civitavecchia) and Naples/Capri, Italy; Athens (Piraeus), Greece; and Aqaba, Jordan,
- A 14-night India & Southeast Asia itinerary, departing May 29, which features overnights in Dubai, UAE; Cochin, India; and Singapore, as well as calls at Muscat, Oman; and Penang, Malaysia,
- A 3-night Short Malaysia itinerary, departing roundtrip from Singapore on June 12 , calling at Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang), Malaysia,
- And a nine-night Exotic Asia itinerary that departs June 15 from Singapore to Shanghai (Baoshan), China, with calls at Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Vietnam; Xiamen, China; and an overnight in Hong Kong.
Quantum slide-show: http://youtu.be/e-ROc2uvKxA